You are currently viewing an archived site for 2016. View the current site here.
Aboriginal Tourism Awards Gala
Congratulations to all of the Aboriginal Tourism Award winners, honoured today at the 2016 IATC Awards Gala! Each of the national and regional award winners were selected for their ongoing dedication to increase the profile of Aboriginal tourism experiences throughout Canada.
The winners of the 2016 Aboriginal Tourism Awards include:
- ATAC National Aboriginal Cultural Tourism Award: Wanuskewin Heritage Park in Saskatoon, SK
- Best Cultural Ambassador – National Award: Stephanie Sarazin, Aboriginal Experiences in Ottawa, ON
- Best Marketing Program – National Award: Skwachàys Lodge Aboriginal Hotel and Gallery in Vancouver, BC
- Most Improved Business – National Award: Tundra North Tours in Inuvik, NT
- Best Lodging/Accommodations – Regional Award (Atlantic Canada): Torngat Mountains Base Camp and Research Station in Saglek Bay, Northern Labrador, NL
- Best Indoor Cultural Experience – Regional Award (Atlantic Canada): Membertou Heritage Park and Gift Shop in Membertou, NS
- Best Outdoor Cultural Experience – Regional Award (Atlantic Canada): Northern Lights Dog Sledding in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
- Best Artist or Event – Regional Award (Atlantic Canada): Joe John Sanipas, basket-maker, artist, and elder of the Elsipogtog First Nation, NB
For more information on the winners, click here to read the press release on the ATAC website..